Software Business AnalystBACK
The Software Business Analyst role represents multiple business specialties or cross-functions on formal project teams, and is responsible for gathering and analyzing data, defining specifications, and analyzing and documenting business processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Transforms requirements into functional designs/specifications.
- Collaborates with user experience specialists and developers to create solutions/features to address customer needs.
- Resolves design issues and addresses developer and QA team questions.
- Creates detailed design documents, help content, and other product documentation.
- Leads brainstorming sessions with cross-functional teams.
- Researches problems and recommends approaches for solving the problems.
- Conducts usability tests, presentations and/or focus groups with users.
- Conducts gap analyses and feasibility studies.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and create high value insights that influence design and solution decisions.
- Works closely with product management to identify issues in design, support, and quality assurance.
- Identifies and recommends process and design improvements.
- Advanced analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Proactive and self-motivated and the ability to work under pressure.
- Experience prioritizing features and functions based on product vision and release goals.
- Solves problems in a time-constrained situation.
- Excellent communicator (verbal/written/presentation).
- Ability to meet and coordinate multiple tasks and tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Experience creating wireframes and mockups using Balsamiq Mockups, Axure, iPlotz, PhotShop, Pencil Project, UXPin or other wire framing tools.
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information into requirements, use cases, and design specifications.
- Experience creating issues/tasks in JIRA and requirements and use cases in Confluence.
- Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science, Business Administration, or Management or equivalent experience.
- Ability to lead collaboration and brainstorming sessions and to build consensus.
- Experience working directly with management, developers and quality assurance specialists to accomplish team goals.
- Experience in sustainability or EH&S compliance software domains a plus.
How to apply:
FirstCarbon Solutions (FCS) is an equal opportunity employer. Please email your resume with cover letter and salary history to email@example.com with "Software Business Analyst, Last Name, First Name" in the subject heading.